Andrew Shook - CEO & Co-founder
- Co-Founder and Senior Vice President of Resource Capital Corporation (NYSE: RSO)
- Rang the opening bell of New York Stock Exchange
- Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Ischus Capital Management
Andrew brings 20+ years of experience driving growth through technology and creative real estate financial solutions. He thrives on helping Bright Light's customers achieve the best available financing solutions.
- RealtyShares - Real Estate Financial Technology
- A10 Capital
- Resource Capital Corporation (NYSE: RSO)
- Ischus Capital Management
- Grew to $5+ Billion Asset Manager
- HSBC Bank
- Bank of America (U.S.A. & London U.K.)
- Hyperion Capital Management
Mr. Shook earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management from North Carolina State University and a Master of Arts in Finance from the University of Alabama. Roll Tide.
Nathan Lord - General Counsel & co-founder
Nate serves as Bright Light's General Counsel and looks after our legal, compliance and HR needs
After entering private practice in 1996, Mr. Lord has held in-house counsel roles since 2003. He has held his most recent role, the Deputy General Counsel of Performance Food Group, a Fortune 200 company. Before then Mr. Lord worked for LandAmerica Financial Group, a publicly-traded Fortune 500 company in the title insurance and real estate services business. Mr. Lord has worked on a variety of matters throughout his career, including mergers and acquisitions, finance, joint ventures, start-ups, litigation management and corporate governance.
Mr. Lord received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from the University of Virginia and a Juris Doctorate from Washington & Lee University School of Law.
Mr. Gettmann has 42 years of mortgage banking and financial services experience which includes knowledge of capital markets, risk management, servicing and securitization practices. His experience in the financial industry is extensive, having worked for a GSE (Fannie Mae), a government agency (FDIC), a savings and loan institution, a consumer finance group, mortgage banking firms, and commercial banks. Responsibilities and supervisory oversight included sales, production, servicing, operations, risk management, fraud detection and capital markets. Since 1990, he has served on the Board of Directors for one of the nation’s top credit unions (ACU) and currently serves on the National Housing Finance Reform Task Force for CUNA.
At Brightlight, Mr Gettmann will establish an overall business intelligence environment coupled with a robust database to manage origination process efficiencies, operational risks, portfolio performance, and servicing oversight.
Prior Institutional Experience
- Ferncliff Investments
- COVIUS (previously RR Donnelley, OfficeTiger, MortgageRamp, GMACC)
- PCFS Mortgage Resources (a division of Provident Bank, Nat City, PNC)
- MORCAP, Inc.
- Resource Bancshares Mortgage Group, Inc. (NetBank, ING Direct)
- Resolution Trust Corporation/FDIC
- UNIVEST Financial Group, Inc.
- Fulton Federal Savings & Loan Association (South Trust, Wachovia, Wells Fargo)
- Heritage Bank (Bank South, First Union, Wachovia, Wells Fargo)
- Bankers Mortgage Corporation (Fleet Funding Corporation, WAMU, BofA)
- Federal National Mortgage Association
He is a graduate of the School of Mortgage Banking and holds a B.S. in Applied Biology (minor in Mechanical Engineering) from the Georgia Institute of Technology.